I have a healthy obsession when it comes to my skin. In the pursuit of a clearer, brighter complexion, I’ve developed an at-home beauty regime. Taking small steps at home to pamper yourself is great for your skin, as well as the soul. Here’s my guide to achieving a gorgeous, radiant glow.
- Before showering, I dry brush my body. This gently exfoliates and stimulates lymphatic drainage, which is great for circulation and tackling cellulite. If you’ve not tried body brushing before, it’s an easy addition to your skincare regime. Use a natural bristle brush and work up the body – towards the heart – in gentle, upward strokes.
- I shower using Sarah Chapman’s Ultimate Cleanse (£44 for 100ml). This omega-rich, oil-based cleanser melts away make-up and impurities, leaving my face feeling silky smooth and hydrated.
- After, I slather on Balance Me’s Super Toning Body Oil (£20 for 200ml). This 100% natural product, containing juniper, bergamot and geranium oils improves circulation and helps keep my skin feeling hydrated all day.
- For my face, I use SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic Acid (£129 for 30ml, available at skinceuticals.co.uk). Packed full of vitamin C, it brightens my complexion and helps tackle pigmentation caused by sun damage over the years.
- A good eye cream is also crucial. Though never apply product too close to the eye itself, as the skin here is delicate and prone to irritation. I like Dr Perricone’s High Potency Eye Lift (£72 for 15ml). This intensive treatment works wonders when it comes to loss of firmness and fine lines.
- I never skip an opportunity to moisturise my face. Not only does this leave me feeling fresher and more hydrated, but it forms a protective barrier against environmental damage. I also never fail to slap on some sunscreen – even in the deepest, darkest winter months! SPF 30 is a year-round essential as the sun’s rays can still cause damage and age our skin prematurely. My favourite sun cream splurge is Cosmedix Reflect SPF 30 (£43.55 for 120ml, available at
- wimpoleaesthetics.co.uk). This non-chemical, spray-on formula is ultra-lightweight and doesn’t clog my pores.
Overnight, our skin regenerates, and for this reason it can cope with much heavier products. My evening regime differs slightly – slathering on deliciously rich creams before my head hits the pillow.
Once a week I treat myself to an at-home spa experience – lighting a candle and drawing a hot bath. While soaking, I cleanse and then exfoliate my face. Aurelia’s Refine and Polish Miracle Balm Scrub (£57 for 75ml) leaves me with supple and newborn-soft skin.
When I have the time, face masks are the ultimate pampering treat. Depending on what my skin needs, I either use Malin+Goetz Facial Detox (£32 for 118ml) which is a great product for banishing breakouts, and can even be applied directly to blemishes. Alternatively, Sisley’s Black Rose Cream Mask (£99 for 60ml) is a gorgeous-smelling formula I leave on overnight.
So there you have it, skincare solutions for both day and night. Try my regime, or develop your own, and you’ll soon see the benefits of spoiling your skin.